Thursday, May 13, 2010

Visit a Photomanip Blog


I generally don't like photomanips for the same reason that I don't like most muscle growth themed art: a lot of artists don't quite understand that the best kind of photomanips, the most believable sort, are small, subtle twists for more pleasing proportions, and "extreme" level photomanips fall into the "uncanny valley," where something is obviously fake and your mind rebels against the idea.

Also, with the near-universal availability of programs like photoshop, there are a lot more bad photomanipulators than good ones.



With the blog BigDudes, the very best photomanips are the most recent ones where he just tweaks them for masculine dimensions instead of inflating them grotesquely. It's actually possible to see him improve: the first few images are unrecognizable masses of grunting overstuffed bulges, whereas the recent ones are sleek, unbelievably massive and well proportioned. Perhaps I don't "get" photomanips as well as others do, but I like to think for a woman I'm more visual about sexuality and attraction than normal. However, it is true that with any celebrity or photographed figure, the more they're airbrushed the worse things get.





Special emphasis should be paid to some of his more robust muscle posteriors and backs. This blog is definitely one to watch for.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't been directed to a morph site in a while, and was skeptical/surprised to see one here. They had a great impact on me when i was discovering muscle on the internet but over time I too saw it was getting too ridiculous, even for me. Thanks for rekindling an old fire Cris.


-Fabian

Esperanto Grrl said...

You're welcome!

Like I said, there are a lot more bad photomanipulators than good ones because of the universal availability of the technology. Getting good at it is something that requires a lot of discipline...as is knowing when to call it quits, and exactly what it is that makes the male body attractive.

Anonymous said...

Try this one:
http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19127

I believe you'll find what you're looking for, since I, too, do not like the extreme morphs.