Saturday, February 12, 2011

Denis Sergoviskiy sighting!

Unlike most Americans, I didn't watch the Superbowl. Not just because of my workload for my masters thesis, but also because I was far too heartbroken about the Jets crashing and tripping right on the finish line that I couldn't bear to watch.

Starting at 0:20, however, there's a Kia commercial featuring Denis, where he plays some kind of wealthy yacht-owning supervillain. He seemed to have slimmed down a bit, which is a shame. Muscular and humorless, Denis would make a fantastic action movie supervillian, opposing the likes of underdog heroes like Bruce Willis.



I'm trying to figure out what the message of this ad is. If you own a Kia, people will try to steal it? They're trying to brand the Kia with adventure and excitement in our minds, all the while avoiding discussions of the car's actual attributes. Because nothing says adventure like a low-end car juxtaposed with the sea-god Poseidon.

No comments: