Thursday, April 15, 2010

New York's Own: Javier Datiz



Lots of muscle guys live in my hometown (second only to L.A., San Diego and Miami as the body capital of the United States), but only a few are from here. Allow me to present the gorgeous Javier Datiz!

What got my attention is that even without his muscles he could be a model. And not a pretty boy model either: look at that square jaw of his, high cheekbones.

I've often found it interesting that men really, really hate it when women like a certain kind of movie star: Leonardo di Caprio comes to mind, as does the massive hate for Rudolph Valentino way back when in the silent era.

On the other hand, men don't mind it when women like men that are very much like how men see themselves: Harrison Ford and Clark Gable come to mind, very masculine, tough and heroic sorts.

I have a feeling that most guys wouldn't object to a girl with a crush on Javier Datiz. He's got a little Harrison Ford by way of Newyorican in him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally. I actually encourage my girlfriend to look at male bodybuilders..it turns me on and always has. Don't ask me why..
By the way I love your site and regularly check for updates.

Same reason as above, I just love your gushing enthusiasm for these types and the way you articulate your desire. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Could be that most guys dont want to have to emulate more cultured, effeminate (to use a more extreme term) men? That they see it easier to just be try to be more rugged like Harrison Ford?

Of course if you're a more gentle type of guy, the opposite would be true.


-Fabian

Esperanto Grrl said...

You know, you may be on to something with that, Fabs.

I remember that a lot of blogs by conservative men always whined and complained about the million and one fangirls that love Twilight star and pretty boy Robert Pattinson.

"Why can't women like tough guys like they used to, like Humphrey Bogart?"

The implication from that was, it's easy to be a tough guy, but being a James Dean good looking guy? See, that's hard. You've either got it or you don't.

So maybe that does play a role.

Am66 said...

Hey havier,its your cousin berto,havent seen you
In a while you look great,seen tio not to long ago
I hope your fine and junior take care.