Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Blog Manifesto


I've been blogging for several months now, and now that I have something of a handle on my blogging style, I can write, in a single post, exactly what this blog is about - besides the obvious, that is. Why do I do it? The answer is I have a different perspective I can share. For one thing, I'm female, and thus I have a different perspective from others that I can share. Likewise, I am a Masters student in psychology, and sexuality is an interest of mine.

When it comes to sex, most of us are a little like cows in a hailstorm: we don't understand what's going on, we just run for safety. Of all human activities, sex and attraction are the least analyzed.



I study psychology - and I am committed to it - because I believe in human rationalism, and psychology is a part of explaining the world in a way that removes terror from it and replaces it with knowledge and treatment. In the Middle Ages, older, vulnerable women that suffered from conditions we now call hysteria and schizophrenia were feared and condemned as witches.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and you're intelligent, sensible and logical approach to everything is why i keep coming back to this blog :D

the pictures of handsome muscle men dont hurt either... haha