Tuesday, June 23, 2009

EXCLUSIVE! Interview with Konstantin Ruzanov


Imagine my excitement to receive an email from natural bodybuilder Konstantin Ruzanov himself. Not just because it's a friendly message from a famous person that appreciates my work, but also because it means somebody somewhere is reading this and I'm not just shouting at hyperspace like I've long suspected.



One important correction: previously I stated that Konstantin Ruzanov was leaving bodybuilding, which was hearsay. He's big and impressive as ever, and still has the world's best pectorals.


Konstantin was considerate enough to agree to do an exclusive interview with this blog! One that is the first such segment but hopefully not the last.




Esperanto Grrl: What made you get into bodybuilding? What made you interested in muscles?


Konstantin Ruzanov: As a young man of age 16 I was a drummer in a band. Carrying around a heavy drum set required a great deal of muscles. I was very skinny at the time. (5'9 120 pounds) Our manager of the band suggested I go grow some muscles. Jokingly perhaps. But I took it seriously and since the moment I stepped into the gym, the band lost me.


EG: What do you think about the current state of the bodybuilding industry? What can be done to improve it?

KR: I think we need a new big idol, with graceful and elegant shapes. Not bulky and huge. Grace! to show the beauty of males body that would appeal to masses. I can be that idol!


EG: Who are some of your bodybuilding heroes?

KR: Arnold. Bob Paris. Frank Zane.





EG: Since this is a blog about women that like muscular guys, have you had any encounters with women that are fans of muscular guys?

KR: I have. Almost all the women I encountered loved muscles! As long as its presented in a right package.

EG: How do you see your career going? Are you at all interested in acting or movies? Is there any role in particular you'd be interested in?

KR: I would love to get into movies. Any producers out there interested? I see myself as a next James Bond, or some romantic muscular hero.

EG: Are you involved with any other sports?

KR: Not involved with any sports.

EG: Do you have any tips or advice for young bodybuilders, male or female?

KR: Yes. Read my book when it becomes available. I just finished it, it's all there. But in a few words, what you do with your daily life is what you go to become, physically and mentally. [The Book's] philosophy, training, eating naturally, resting peacefully.

EG: What made you decide to stay natural?

KR: Experimenting and seeing the difference in results. State of mind is very important to me. In a clean body - pure soul.




EG: You're from the Ukraine, what made you come to the United States?

KR: The American Dream...

3 comments:

Fabian said...

Congratu-freakin-lations.. You're making moves!

Unknown said...

thank you for this interview. i wondered what happened to him after he quit his site.

Esperanto Grrl said...

No problem! The short answer is that he's still competing and out there as impressive as ever, and I wish him the best.

As for me making moves, I assure you, if I was making a list of jobs I'd like to have, the list would be almost infinitely long before it gets anywhere near sports or bodybuilding reporter. In fact, I think they have snipers placed at all entry points to prevent any female of any kind from entering the MUSCULAR DEVELOPMENT magazine offices.