Thursday, January 29, 2009

"Mr. Ukraine" Konstantin Ruzanov


It's very disappointing when a bodybuilder, especially a very good looking one, walks away from bodybuilding as Konstantin Ruzanov did. He was a "natural" and left the sport when he saw what it took to succeed at the higher levels, chemically speaking.

I say, good one on you, Konstantin! The insane quest for size, the bizarro "hardcore" bodybuilding grunt culture personified by MUSCLEMAG, has to end somewhere. The days are long over where bodybuilding was a masculine, healthy pursuit: it's funny how Reg Park and Steve Reeves outlived many that came after them. Besides, natural bodybuilders look better anyway: better proportions, zero 'roid bloat.




If Konstantin Ruzanov ever made it in movies, I have a feeling he'd play bad guys, or do costume dramas. If he's any good as an actor, he'd make a great Count Vronsky in ANNA KARENINA. On the other hand, I can see him as a "Conrad Veidt" type: a guy best known for playing the Nazi heavy in movies like CASABLANCA despite the fact he left Germany because of the Nazis.

Incidentally, I had a Konstantin Ruzanov pic as my desktop wallpaper for a few days (I change it, on average two or three times a week, and I almost never have beefcake pics). I was working on a research assignment with a fellow grad student, a girl that was the daughter of immigrants from Trinidad.

When I went to show her my work on my laptop, as it booted up, she approvingly looked at Konstantin Ruzanov and said, "wow, now he's a black woman's kind of white guy."

I have absolutely no idea what she meant by that, but it's worth noting that in her own apartment, there was only one "sexy" pin-up poster: a white wifebeater clad Justin Timberlake. Hmmmm...!

A few YouTube vids:



2 comments:

Michael said...

Not to mention his amazing pecs. A MAZING!

Anonymous said...

kerimtopsakal.com visit this site and google this name