Friday, July 17, 2009

Guess the Mystery Guests!

Go ahead, try and guess! I did my best to make these as resistant to Google-Fu as possible.



I was the original choice to play Commander Riker on Star Trek: the Next Generation, but most people know me better for some little movie I did in the early 1990s.






I dated Ted Turner, Sylvester Stallone, and Henry Kissinger. My religion of choice is Zoroastrianism, and I was politically active enough that I got death threats from Sikh extremists, and my death was believed to have been foul play. You'd probably recognize me better with a different hairstyle.







Alan Arkin is my first cousin, but I'm best known as a writer of children's books, a lot of them derived on my experiences growing up in Brooklyn.






Che Guevara personally went to Europe to persuade me to return to Cuba. I was an exotic dancer that did my bit on the same stage as Josephine Baker, and I later did plenty of Sword n' Sandal movies, including one with Steve Reeves.






I'm a writer from science fiction's early days that learned to read and write on a farm, and I coined the terms "genetic engineering" and "terraforming." I died in my late nineties. My most famous work was about perfect robots that sought to improve everything for mankind, at the cost of all human dignity.





I'm the most prolifically published mathematician of the 20th Century to the point where I'm a downright joke among mathematicians. See if you can guess my relationship to Kevin Bacon.

3 comments:

Michael said...

No idea about the rest, but the top one is the Rocketeer - Billy Campbell. Had a major crush on him.

Esperanto Grrl said...

*DING*DING*DING*DING*DING*

Ahhh, but that was the easiest one...I put it first so people would get overconfident. :-)

Yes, that is indeed Billy Campbell, also known to us Star Trek the Next Generation fans as the Outrageous Okona himself. I've often wondered why he never became a bigger star than he did.

bufmanlvr said...

Last one is Paul Erdos. The reference is of the mythical "Erdos number", which IIRC, is how many citation links away from a Paul Erdos paper your paper is. OR maybe it is just like the Kevin Bacon thing. I forget. Go gay geeky powers!