Thursday, May 22, 2008

Artist Roundup: RyuAtrineas



You know, ever since I read Funbird's "Emil" (one of the best muscle growth stories ever) I loved the idea of a muscle guy with vaguely effemenate features but a big, powerful body.
And I like elf guys. Hey, who doesn't, right?

Enter RyuAtrineas, who does Legend of Zelda fan art, especially of his own brawny character.

You know, I vaguely remember the Ocarina of Time game...I was never a big video gamer (and my moderate interest in them became pathological dislike when I dated a gamer) but mostly I remember that your elf guy was pretty cute...though there was one level, I think, where you had to go through a hedge labyrinth and it was guarded by giant pig-faced ogres that knocked you into pools if they saw you.

Now, right then, I had an image of your cute elf guy...well, what if he was as tall as those ogres? Shoulders as wide? And what if instead of getting knocked back, he met their charge and smacked the ogre down flat?

Of course, if he had a body like Ryo, I think I'd have paid more attention.



Visit his DeviantArt gallery here.

Huh, I guess Princess Zelda was a size queen. She's in good company, but who knew?


No comments: