Thursday, August 7, 2008

Esperanto Grrl, the internet's answer to Eartha Kitt


I feel terrible for even thinking anything bad about people that read my work and like it, because honestly, I don't have enough fans to really get that picky. I love to hear from anyone that's read my work, because it's very validating and makes me feel what I do is worthwhile...which is very important, because I don't get paid for this. Comments and praise are what keep me going.

All that said, I do feel there are some people that have embraced my erotic fiction for reasons that make me very uncomfortable.


One of them is an undercurrent of homophobia. The inarguable fact is that a significant percentage of people that write fiction in my particular specialized area, muscle growth, are gay men. So, when male readers come along and tell me "hey, it's so great you're writing some straight muscle growth stories, it's great you're standing up to the homos that are shouting you down" I feel a little uncomfortable and disturbed. Mostly because it isn't true: the majority of my fans are gay men, who have been very welcoming and think I have a unique voice. I feel a little silly now for writing stories all this time under a genderless pen name.

The truth is, I'm a bisexual oddball nerd girl that's a sexual omnivore, and I have more in common with my gay male readers on the Evolution Archive and elsewhere, than with the straight readers on places like literotica and EpicLust.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I personaly must admit that sometimes I become very frustrated because is so hard to find straight oriented musclegrow fiction, but hey there are some great gay writers out there whose stories I had learned to enjoy very much -by the way thanks Esperanto Grrl for point out the www.musclegrowth.org forum, some great stuff there-. I haven´t put any story on the net, but I´m sure that it should be awful that somebody use one´s work to spread hateful ideas like that. People´s faith, race, nationality, political view and sexuality should be respected as long as it doesn´t damage others. Fanatics, bigots and sexual offenders deserve punishment and not even a little bit of respect, but above them all is valid...

In a lose thought I must said that I think that this will keep happening as long as we worship violence and death. When we begin to make statues of fire fighters, ER nurses, teachers and single mothers that have two jobs to raise her kids, intead of some guy who´s armies killed a lot of people, things may begun to change. Usually everybody calls this guys heroes, but I have a very different concept attached to that word.

Keep the good job girl...